The Google Teacher Academy (GTA) is a free professional development experience designed to help primary and secondary educators from around the globe get the most from innovative technologies. Each GTA is an intensive, two-day event during which participants get hands-on experience with Google tools, learn about innovative instructional strategies, receive resources to share with colleagues, and immerse themselves in a supportive community of educators making impact.
Google Teacher Academy
Applications are now open for the following GTA locations. Preference will be given to in-region applicants.
|Amsterdam||23:59 uur, 29 September 2014||Registratie|
|UK||September 29th at 11:59 PM (BST)||Application|
|India||October 6th at 11:59 PM (IST)||Application|
|Austin||October 13th at 11:59 PM (CDT)||Application|
“My biggest takeaway wasn't a new tool or
trick, though we learned great ones, but it was the reminder of what's possible
with shared energy - that creative spark we hope to capture and recreate for our
- Gretel Patch, Google Certified Teacher, Nepal 2013
About the GTA
2014 GTA Dates
This year we will host more Google Teacher Academies than ever before. Below are the dates for the events. We'll release details on how to apply in the coming months.
- June 25-26: Atlanta, USA
- July 30-31: Mountain View, USA
- September 24-25: Sydney, Australia
- October 2-3: Manila, Philippines
- October 9-10: Sao Paulo, Brazil (Portuguese language)
- October 16-17: Mexico City, Mexico (Spanish language)
- October 27-28: London, UK
- November 4-5: Amsterdam, Netherlands (Dutch language)
- December 4-5: Gurgaon, India
- December 2-3: Austin, USA
All applications must be submitted using our online form and we will only consider those submitted before the deadline. The application includes short answer questions and a video. Please check back to this webpage for application links and deadlines. You can also follow #googlect on social channels.
To better showcase your Google-knowledge and experience, please consider becoming a Google Educator before applying.
Approximately 50 innovative educators from around the world are selected to attend each GTA based on the merits of their online application. Applicants include classroom teachers, curriculum specialists, technology advocates, librarians, administrators, professional trainers, and other education professionals who actively serve the world's primary and secondary teachers and students.
Participants are selected based on their professional experience, their passion for teaching and learning, and their successful use of technology in school settings. We are particularly interested in educators who actively provide mentoring or training for other teachers. The GTA is designed to create a strong professional community of educators who support each other over the course of a year.
Participants must provide their own travel, and if necessary, their own lodging.
Google Certified Teachers
Educators who attend a Google Teacher Academy become Google Certified Teachers (GCTs). GCTs are:
- Outstanding educators with a passion for using innovative technologies and approaches to improve teaching and learning.
- Creative leaders who understand opportunities and challenges, and have a desire to help empower others in their local community and beyond.
- Ambassadors for change who model high expectations, life-long learning, collaboration, equity, and innovation.
After the GTA, GCTs are expected to positively impact change in their communities through a personal action plan. Other expectations to be announced.
In addition to two free days of training, GCTs get access to a private online community, opportunities to work closely with Google, a special GCT badge and more.